- April 1st Due Date: Drafts into editing.
- August 15th: Editing Complete
- September 15th: Published and print copies ordered
Town Name Ideas:
- Maddfall (Waterfall name)
- Tasting Evil in _____
- Moans and Groans in _____
Map Generating Tools:
Location: Similar to Chelan, Wa but in Western Washington. The town is at the base of a lake, wrapped in mountains. At the end of the lake is a sister town only accessible by ferry. Close to Seattle (two hours away).
Two towns populations: 6000 and 1000. Example, Daimore and East Daimore. The town at the end of the lake is a logging town.
Founding Year: Platted in 1899. Finally incorporated in 1919.
Founding Story: Downtown was originally the home of a Welsh sheep farmer, Julian Brioc. Lost all of his sheep to a sheep flu and harvested the wool and sold his land (pasture and forests) to a logging company. A town grew out of that venture.
Key Geographic Features:
(Piehole is a placeholder name until the town name is finalized)
The river leaving out of the lake, Klallam River. Waterfalls out of the town into a tight gorge and narrow valley. (see South Fork Stillaguamish River through Granite Falls)
Large lake, Treefall Lake. Logging company used to drop logs into the lake to transport.
A small island in the center of the lake. Hangman’s Island.
Old Train track bridge that crosses the river through the town.
Mines in the hills. Logging land surrounding the lake.
- Bed and Breakfast
- Small Casino
- County Prison on Island in the Lake
- Townsquare with a statue of Julian Brioc.
- Single screen movie theater
- Old Diner.
- New Young hipster coffee shop.
- Post Office
- Hardware Store
- Grocery Store
- Old Church
- Computer Technician
- Auto repair and gas station
- Thrift store
- Grocery store
- Old house with hermit
- The main industry is logging
- Radio guy
- Owners of various business above.
- Eco Rights Activist (Animal and Environmental)
- The farmer who runs the Dairy
- Pot Farmer
- Misc Farmers (Sheep, Goats, Horses, Cattle)
- Hermit with Beehives
- Island in the Lake.
- Possibly a ferry across the river?
- Coven of dark witches
- Two hipsters
- Beautiful People
- Old Julian Brioc historical house
- Pioneer Village Museum
- High School Library has an archives section (newspapers, old books)
- Military radar station on the hill
- “Sister City” and their weird holiday celebrated in the town. Examples
Current Writers’ Story Ideas: